Waltham Family School offers an innovative program for families with limited educational opportunities.
Since 2003, Waltham Family School (WFS) has changed the lives of over 300 low-income English Learner families with limited educational opportunities. WFS offers the children a preschool setting that prepares them for kindergarten and a lifetime of learning. Parents learn to read, write and speak English. The WFS program gives the parents the skills to successfully partner with the schools in their children’s education. By gaining crucial independence the parents become active members of the community.
Since its inception, WFS has:
- Served over 500 parents and children.
- Taught more than 300 parents, many of whom had little or no education in their home countries, to read, write, and speak English.
- Provided early childhood education to over 300 children.
- Provided interactive literacy opportunities to parents and children in the WFS Preschool, Head Start and the Special Needs Preschool.
- Supported and advocated for the school-aged siblings of WFS families.
The Friends of the Waltham Family School, Inc. (FWFS) supports WFS by generating awareness of the program and fundraising. Click here to learn more about the FWFS.